Welcome to my blog, I'd appreciate any feedback Thank you


Thursday 21 April 2011

Upsetting communications


I'm going on a "communication course" as there have been two complaints about me at work and possibly a third complaint made.  If my boss had communicated with me before enrolling me on the course then he may have realised that one of the complainants said they were NOT complaining about me.  The second complaint had been witnessed by another customer - what & how I had communicated with the other complainant - she had offered to speak to my boss on my behalf if there ever was a complaint made against me.

Just really upset about it especially my boss' lack of communication with me, he even asked another manager to tell me I was going on the course.  The following day an eMail is sent out about another complaint - things not done, poor communication etc etc but at the end of the eMail it stated it wasn’t first incident where people have complained at staff attitude.  The nature of work is such that others will ask & will find out – everyone knows everything about everyone that since communications is such a vital part of work if I am so bad I will be sacked soon I’m just really worried about it.

The next eMail from boss was he will soon be advertising some new posts at work & does anyone want to change their hours - I feel like saying just sack me now it will be quicker than a constructive dismissal

Was really unhappy about it next shift at work most of the staff asked how I was feeling as I was just so quiet - I haven't told anyone about the complaint and being sent on the course. 

This was just how I felt at the time, now a few days later I have calmed down a bit, I have told a few colleagues at work – well 3 people so everyone will know now, some just laughed at the suggestion that I have poor communications.  I have no objections to going on the course, just upset that the course and the reason for being sent on it recorded on my personal record.  Depends how I feel – I may appeal against it being recorded on my record.

I’ll just remember to Chill and be calm and professional at work

1 comment:

  1. Exactly,

    Plus 3 complaints, considering you're in a role in which you come into contact with a large volume of customers, would undoubtedly be an infinitesimally small percentage of the number of customer interactions you will have had over the course of your working there.

    All your boss can ask you to do is your best & comply with whatever customer service best practice your employers have in place (assuming that it makes the least bit of sense, of course).


    Obviously the manner in which you have been told to go on this course is poor & has upset you. So, when you've come back from the course (which I'd treat as a bonus as it's time away from the front-lines, if it were me) explain this in the language that the course has used.

    1). This will demonstrate to your boss that you've taken on board what the course has said

    &

    2). It will (hopefully) remind them not to be a total jerk around what is a distressing subject for you at this time.


    Anyway, feel free to take this advice and use it (or not) as you see fit.

    The main thing is though, hang in there when they're being morons. You've got me rooting for you from the sidelines.

    P.S.
    That may, or may not, be a comforting thought! ;)

    ReplyDelete