Welcome to my blog, I'd appreciate any feedback Thank you


Tuesday 19 March 2013

Acceptance

I have neglected by blog for far to long.  I have found the past two years extremely difficult but I now need to accept things have changed & it's time to move on.  

I've been very low and feeling sorry for myself again I need to pull myself together I know this is easier said than done

I was recently told to 
  • stop feeling sorry for myself 
  • stop missing what I don't have 
  • start enjoying what I actually have

This made me realise that I've been feeling so low and hiding away from what I have.  So since then I've been trying to focus on positives

Work has been difficult I've reapplied for my own job three times in two years and there will be a fourth time in the next year or so but at least I have a job!  My hours have been changed 30 minutes less each day means I now have to work an extra day every 8 weeks, but we never finish on time as it is so it will be an extra day a month for no extra pay, but at least I still have a job!

The trigger which I'm not discussing has not changed I did meet up with a few of those who I had fallen out with, I'm glad I did as it showed I've made the correct decision not to continue to have contact with them.  Very easy to write not so easy to accept.  

I've recently had a Big birthday  one that ends in a 0 so as I start a new Decade I have a new attitude - accept what I have not look back to what is missing.

I have an excellent daughter who is caring and loving, who spoilt me rotten for my birthday, kidnapped me, if you can call being taken to London for a surprise trip away a kidnapping - then arranged a full itinerary for the two days including tickets to the view from the shard for my birthday present.

I have been mentioned in the acknowledgement of a book thanking me for help - all I've done is send a few tweets and facebook messages to the author Michelle Betham and comment on her blog.  I found this to be soooo exciting as I love reading but to be mentioned was just so thrilling

So I'm counting my blessings 
  • I have an excellent daughter  
  • A brilliant birthday 
  • I have a job 
  • I love cricket 
  • I am only friends with those I want to be with 
 As  my I have a new mug says I need to 
  • Shut up and deal with it ......
Just not on my blog since I tell you how I'm feeling which is a lot more chilled :) 

Pam xoxo









2 comments:

  1. This made most interesting reading I do not know the whys and wherefore but you seem to have a handle on it now and have got to grips with a few gremlins well done and keep it up Love Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margeruite Jepson2 April 2013 at 13:42

    A very positive blog, fantastic. There will always be things that you cannot change and wishing that you could wastes energy best spent elsewhere, acceptance is always difficult but in the end helps you move forward to more good days than bad. Thinking of you often even though I am not good at keeping in touch honey. Hugs Margeruite x

    ReplyDelete